Czech and Slovak Archive Collections
Structure of state regional/provincial archives in the Czech Republic
A map showing the structure of regional/provincional archives in the Czech Republic. Source: Czech Genealogy and Heraldry Society in Prague.
Four of the archives are shown with the percent completion with putting vital Birth/Marriage/Death records on the Internet as of October 2011 and a forecast of when the scanned/digitizing records will be completed.
Four additonal archives are shown with the percent completion with putting vital Birth/Marriage/Death records on the Internet as of October 2011 and a forecast of when the scanned/digitizing records will be completed.
The three attachments as shown above are the courtesy of Miroslav (Mirek) Koudelka. Mirek presented this information at the CGSI conference in St. Louis in October 2011.
FamilySearch Filming Progress
This Filming Progress update was received from Greg Nelson, Digital Browse Operations, FamilySearch on the filming progress in the Czech Republic and a comment on the Slovak collection – September 2011
- At the end of August we published additions to our Czech Republic Church Books collection and will publish another set of images in the coming weeks. That collection will number over 350,000 images when the latest update has been put in. It contains images and some indexes of baptisms/births, marriages, and deaths that occurred in the Roman Catholic, Evangelical Lutheran, and Reformed Church parishes, as well Jewish congregations in the Czech Republic. These images are of original parish records created by local priests of each parish and by Jewish rabbis now stored in the regional archives of Litomerice and Zamrsk. Every couple of weeks we receive more to publish as filming continues.
- Every few weeks we also release more images in our Czech Republic Censuses 1843-1921 collection. This collection contains records for Northern Bohemia that are housed in the regional archive of Litomerice. With the next release we will have nearly 100,000 images and we expect to add more as filming continues.
- In June we published a new collection of Nobility Seingorial records from southern Bohemia (Trebon). New additions that will be published before the end of September will bring the total number of images to over 70,000.
- This summer we also published a Czech Republic Land Records 1450-1850 collection (nearly 50,000 images) that contains land transactions with significant genealogical data for the time period before parish registers. This collection has images from the area around Opava. We hope to have new images for that in the future as well.
- Our lone Slovak collection consists of church and synagogue books dated 1592-1910. Contained are images of baptisms/births, marriages, and burials that occurred in the Roman Catholic, Evangelical Lutheran, and Reformed Church parishes, as well Jewish congregations in Slovakia. Includes records from archives in Presov and Bratislava, records from other archives will be added as they become available. We hope to be adding more images to this collection before the end of the year.
If you would like to include a link to the images