NGS SLAM! Idea Showcase (Online event)
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 3:00pm – 6:00pm (EDT)
Where: on your computer, tablet, or smartphone (online event)
Presented by: National Genealogical Society (NGS)
The SLAM! Idea Showcase is just one of several new components of the week-long virtual NGS Family History Conference, 17−21 May 2021. The showcase will highlight creative and innovative projects or programs by societies, libraries, archives, and museums (SLAMs). The program will also include presentations that assist librarians and others who serve genealogists. You are automatically registered for this free event when you register for NGS 2021 Live! If you are not planning to attend NGS 2021 Live!, you will need to register for SLAM!
- To share information about creative and innovative projects, resources, and practices with others.
- To promote collaboration, networking, and collegiality among information providers.
- To provide a format in which individuals and organizations can learn from one another.
Who should attend?
- Information providers (genealogical society members, volunteers, information professionals) who serve genealogical researchers or the genealogical research community.
- Individuals and organizations looking for ideas and fresh approaches in serving their research constituencies.
About the SLAM! Idea Showcase event
The SLAM! Idea Showcase will be broadcast virtually on Tuesday, May 18. The event will consist of:
- The SLAM! Idea Showcase Spotlight—a main-stage.
- Video poster sessions presented live by award winners and honorable mentions.
- Virtual poster sessions—attendees will be able to view recordings of poster sessions, download handouts, and chat with individual poster session presenters.
- The SLAM! Idea Showcase Spotlight will be recorded and, along with individual poster session recordings, be available for viewing on the NGS website.